All applicants for membership of the Cathedral Voluntary Choir will be auditioned, unless they sing regularly as a Lay Clerk or Deputy in the Cathedral Choir, or have served as a Boy or Girl Chorister in the Cathedral.
Members will normally be re-auditioned every three years.
The audition process will consist of:
- A short prepared piece (not necessary for former members of the Special Choir).
- Scales, arpeggios and sustaining a note.
- One or two excerpts from our repertoire to test sight-reading.
- A portion of psalmody (to Anglican chant).
- Discussion of any questions or concerns that you, or we, may have.